For ISU Faculty: Partnering with the BioCentury Research Farm
The BioCentury Research Farm is one tool to make Iowa State University faculty more productive and successful. Creating partnerships between Iowa State faculty and with industry is an important part of achieving the BioCentury Research Farm's mission and goals. Affiliate faculty members are a vital source of expert information and can participate in a broad range of biorenewables projects. Iowa State faculty are invited to become affiliates of the BioCentury Research Farm.
Benefits to Affiliated Faculty Members
By becoming an affiliate of the BioCentury Research Farm, faculty members receive a variety of benefits:
- Access to production field plots and specialized field equipment
- Coordination of field crop production and cropping system trials
- Access to BioCentury Research Farm facilities and equipment
- Access to industry connections and opportunities for funding support
- Opportunities for research team development
- Staff support including grant development, clerical assistance, and communications and graphics services
- Assistance with outreach activities over the entire value chain for producing biofuels and biobased products through agriculture
- Input into future infrastructure improvements, equipment, and capabilities
- Notification about BioCentury Research Farm activities through its newsletter distribution
- Inclusion on the BioCentury Research Farm web site
To Become an Affiliated Faculty Member
If you would like to become an affiliate, please email a letter of request with a short explanation of how your research interests address the BioCentury Research Farm's mission to Larry Johnson, Director of the BioCentury Research Farm, firstname.lastname@example.org.